Wednesday, May 02, 2007

change....

Yes, this theme of change continues in my life as I near a year of life in East Tennessee.....most recently I have acquired a Tennesse Driver's License, of which I have no clue what the number is (more on that later) and a Tennessee License Plate.....I have officially been stripped of any documentation that would declare me a Texan. Sad, I know, but true :)

Just a silly observation, but shouldn't all license plates sport the red, white, and blue....another clear display of the patriotism of Texans!

So, I had a little trauma with this whole get a new driver's license and license plate episode, and yes, it was an episode....a total of 2 trips to the DMV and 3 trips to the county clerk. So, I go to get my new driver's license and asked if I could keep my Texas one for keepsake and I got a look from the sweet man behind the counter that drilled me into the wall behind me and so then I ask if there was any way I could keep the same DL number, since I've known that number for 11 years and got another look that made feel as though I should move back to Texas. After which the sweet man informed me that Texas had one less number than TN so that wouldn't work and then I suggested just adding a zero on either end and well, lets just say that the next look I received quickly shut my mouth. So I wrote the sweet man a check and left with a new license and new number which I shall never learn because there is no more space in my brain for new numbers! Silly, I know, but sometimes it's the little things that get to you. Just another clarification that "Kelly, you're not in Texas any more!"

No comments: