Tuesday, May 15, 2007

"Softly Call the Muster...."

"....let comrade answere 'Here'. Their spirits hover 'round us, as if to bring us cheer."

A few weekends ago, on April 21st, I headed down to Colombia, SC to visit Laura & Danny and joined with them and about 20 other Aggies at Aggie Muster. This was my first Muster away from campus, so it was different, but truly encouraging and a great reminder of the "school we hold so dear". We met a gentleman, Mr. Robert Wells '40, who was a Marine fighter pilot in WWII and a remarkable man. He's in the picture with Danny, Laura and I....I think I may have a new penpal :) He shared the stories of his life with us and I was reminded of so the many ways that God has blessed my life through my Aggie Family! It was a truly delightful weekend! Lots of fun with Laura & Danny....sleeping, shopping, running, great conversation, eating and even a little bull riding.
Laura and I at the carnival.....anxiously awaiting Danny's ride...... Danny's proud moment....ahh, the fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea - we made it onto someone's blog other than our own! hope you're doing good - only two more months until we're back in TX - it's crazy!

Anonymous said...

Hi stranger...how are you?? You are looking HOTTTT!!!!