Saturday, September 16, 2006

fall is in the air

Yep, fall is on its way!! When I woke up this morning @ 9am, it was 55 outside, lovely! I have seen a few trees whose leaves are starting to change and of course what would fall be without college football Saturday. As I write this, I'm watching Notre Dame being brutalized by Michigan. I LOVE fall. It's definitely my favorite season, and I am so excited to be able to experience a true fall with beautiful leaves and all!!! I just need to get out some decorations and buy a few pumpkins and I'll be set! On to more important things....
As I was spending some time with the Lord today, I read a few journal entries from the past several months and my heart was so encouraged to see all that the Lord has done. So many of my cries before the Lord have been answered. I think this fall is especially exciting to me because of the new season that lay ahead. Here are so things that I was reminded of as I reflected today:
What I claim as my life verse, which the Lord gave my freshman year at A&M.....
"Yet those who wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary."
.....those who truly wait and hope in the Lord, will not be disappointed! Psalm 33 even further expresses that "the eye of the Lord is on those who hope for His lovingkindness". I have walked out of a long season of waiting and I am so thankful that I waited. That I didn't give up when there were so many times that it seemed that was the best option. That I didn't run away when I was given the chance. But, that through the power of the sustaining Holy Spirit, I was able to endure and wait and place my hope in the Lord. I wish I could say that I always did this well and with complete contentment and peace.....I didn't. But, His grace is sufficient and I am so thankful!!!!! I know there are so many more things I will learn from this past season, but right now, I am going rejoice in thanksgiving for a season of waiting and for the blessed time that lay ahead! If you are waiting, keep on. You WILL be blessed in the end of that waiting and you will be so thankful you waited. May we endure until Christ's return!

1 comment:

mfayn said...

Amen, sista! :)