Tuesday, October 09, 2007

the adventures of summer...

Like I said before, there's a lot to catch up on....so here's a few highlights....

the summer was busy and full of adventure....

Took Leslie, my roomie, to her first rodeo...that was fun....I do LOVE a good rodeo!
then began the rennovation of Boys to Men new facility "the Refuge"....this was such an incredible week....to see the body of Christ come together and work so hard for kids and families they don't know and may never know! God has done some amazing things in the provision of this building....so much time, money, and stuff has been donated....it's been incredible!! There will be more on this later.
We spent several weeks with kids at various camps.....KAA, U KNOW!

Then, it was off to Texas for a visit with friends and family and a dear friend's, julie weber's, wedding.



a beautiful Texas sunset....a treasure....it's flat, no mountains!

Off to Atlanta for my birthday treat from my sweet roomie, Leslie. An Astro's game....that went into way too many extra innings, and the 'Stros came out on top, some great shopping and an overnight stay in the shadiest motel I've ever stayed in....what an adventure!

My family made the LONG drive from Texas to visit east tennessee for a week. It was such a blessing to have them here. I really enjoyed spending time with them in what is now my "home" and having them see what I do and where I work meant a lot to me.

Then it was time to move to our new facility. That has been a process...but a great one! It has been such a blessing to have our own facility for our students and an office and desk to work at!!
We are getting more and more settled each day and I'm adjusting to a different work schedule and am learning a lot about appropriate boundaries!
I'll leave you with that for now.
you can check out other pics from the summer at Kelly's Shots.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea - I'm so glad you're back to blogging! Thanks for the pictures. The non-profit I work at is fixing to move in a week or so - we're so ready, but so dreading the work. Are you still working crazy long hours?

Kelly said...

yes, the hours continue to be a little crazy and unbalanced....but it is worth it. there are still tough days, but i've come to realize this is a season of plowing the ground to ready it for future seeds to be planted. how you be?? i need to call you! but catch you up on a couple of things...i'm headed to charleston this weekend...any suggestions for must do's while we are there? guess who lives in jc, tn?? emily michalk....crazy! i'll catch you up on that very soon! love ya!

Unknown said...

Okay - I totally thought that posted a long comment on here about Charleston - hopefully it's just waiting to be approved or something. If you didn't get it, let me know - I had a few suggestions.

I got my blog template here:
http://www.blogcrowds.com/resources/view_template.php/k2_37

Getting the template was step one. Changing the picture in the header was step two. And changing the picture so it refreshed to a new one every time was step three. Let me know if you ever need help!

Laura