Monday, February 26, 2007

tagged....again

i was tagged by whitney(not so sure about the wisdom part, whit), so here ya go.....
Here are the rules to the game...
1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123, go down to the fourth sentence
3. Post the text of the following three sentences
.4. Name the author and book title.
5. Tag three other people to do the same
First off, let me say, that I am reading this book for work....part of my job is teaching Abstinence classes in public schools....aka....encouraging teens to save sex until marriage.
"Few of the people encouraging young women to establish their careers before getting married consider that this strategy can lead to many years of unrequited sexual desire or to heartbreaking sexual relationships. The advice also takes no account of the best time for a young woman to find a desireable husband and start a family. Men care about looks, and they think women never look better than they do in thier early twenties."
Taking Sex Differences Seriously by Steven E. Rhoads
this is actually a very insightful book for the work we do and the battle that is raging in our nation for the sanctity and life of marriage!
I tag......drumroll, please......
Melissa Neal (who has rather fanciful insights on life and all that she reads)
Laura Stiller (who always seems to be reading a good book)
Curtis (let's see if we can get him to return to blogger-land)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey - just so you know, I know I have been tagged and I'm not forgetting - I've just been at least a week behind in posting things, so I'll get to it soon! How are you? Are things warming up there? It's suppose to be 82 degrees here tomorrow! YEA! How's Arbonne and Boys2Men going? Did you quit Starbucks? We need to catch up.

Anonymous said...

I think we're going to try this...might as well put the 30-or-so books on my nightstand to good use!

Holly