Monday, April 28, 2008

a glimpse into my work...

i spend my days working with kiddos and facilitating ways for volunteers to do the same. a.k.a. mentoring. we have many volunteer mentors who are sharing Christ with many children who are in need of His love and grace in their lives! i personally mentor one-on-one, but mostly in group settings. each day of the week i work with a different group of students. on thursdays, i travel up to mountain city to work with a group of girl's from mountain city elementary. last week we had our princess and manner's celebration at this fabulous restaurant, Suba's. they absolutely, without question, have the BEST desserts that i've ever put in my mouth! our Girlfriend's group received what i thought was the best compliment they could have received....our server told them that they behaved better and had better manners than the high school students who dine there for prom in their fancy dresses and tuxes. i love this group of girls and am thankful for God allowing me this season in their lives. here are a few pics of our crew....



beth, haley, ms. paula, destiny, brandy, & katie

keiley, samantha, alisha, eden & kirsty

Ms. Paula & I, my mtn. city partner in crime

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many princesses behind you, sister! Now! I gotta watch my manners? Hmmmm