Tuesday, August 08, 2006

NASCAR

It had to come up sooner or later.....NASCAR in TN is like football in TX.....it's the craze among many people, not everyone, but much more than in TX. I really don't understand it, I've never understood what's fun about cars going around in circles really fast and crashing into one another. But, clearly, according to some I've met in TN, I am missing out on some entertainment that many enjoy.
There is a house here in Johnson City that is a sort of shrine to NASCAR. This is an actual car in a glass box in the yard......

...and the mural on the outside of the house.....the yard is also decorated with checkered flags, a smaller replica of a race car, and of course, checkered yard timbers.

I'm contemplating going to a race to see what all the craze is about.....or maybe I should hold out for the 'Stros to come smash the Braves in Atlanta :)

No comments: